Restaurant POS Software
To setup your menu, click on the [Menu Setup] button on the Administrator screen. The screen that comes up allows you to maintain categories and items. Every item must be added under a specific category; so in order to add or edit an item, you must first select the category under which the item should be shown on the menu, and then you can add new items or edit the existing menu items.
- To add a category, click on the [Add Category] button, enter the category name when prompted and click OK, the new category will appear inside the "Menu Category" panel on the left side.
- To rename a category, click on the category inside the "Menu Category" list, you might have to scroll up and down by clicking on the Arrow button at the top and bottom of the list to make the category visible, and then click on the [Rename Category] button to rename it. When you rename a category, all you're doing is change the text of the category, it does not de-associate it from the items that are already linked to it.
- To delete a category, click on the category inside the "Menu Category" list, and then click on the [Delete Category] button. Be aware that the program will only allow you to delete categories that have no items associated with them.
To add a new menu item, select the category under which you want to add the new item. You do that by clicking on the category inside the "Menu Category" list, which will turn its color to blue, and then you can add or modify items under the selected category.
To add an item, click on the [Add Item] button, the item detail screen gets displayed for you to enter the new item information. This detail screen also gets displayed when you click on an existing item button under "Menu Items" to allow you to modify the information of that item.
The following instructions guide you through the item detail screen so that you can understand what each field is intended for.
- Enter a UNIQUE product id in the SKU field, this can be any combination of alpha-numeric characters. It is up to you to use whatever method you see fit to come up with these SKU codes, as long as you make sure each item is assigned its own unique id.
- In the "item name" field, enter a name that is descriptive enough for you and your employees to recognize what the item is just from reading this description. For example, if the SKU for the item "French Fries" is FF, the item name should spell out the complete name of the item for better identification.
- Assign the proper tax code that will be used by the software to apply sales tax to the item when it is ordered by a customer. You must have setup the all your tax code before going into the menu setup.
- Enter the price that you wish to charge your customers for this item in the Price field
- If you have an picture of the item saved on disk, click on the [Select Picture] button to select the image file from disk and assign it to this item. The image is used to display the item with a picture on the order screen.
- Check the "Is Combo" box if the item is a combo, which means the item is packaged from other items on the menu at a full or discounted price.
- Check the "Do NOT print to Kitchen" box if this item does not need to be printed to the kitchen when it is added to an order. This option is needed for items on the menu that are not prepared in the kitchen, but are rather served from the bar like beverages, etc.
- As you can see, the [Item Options] button is disabled when you're adding a new menu item. It becomes enabled when you edit an existing item. This button allows you to associate different sides when the item is ordered, such as french fries, onion rings, etc. You must have already setup the different sides under the "Sides Groups Setup" function on the Administrator screen. A side is created offering different options as side items.